SAFETY IN THE SALON FOR GROOMERS COURSE
Are you a groomer who wants to show your customers and community how important you consider their pet’s safety while in your care? The AKC Safety in the Salon course is a great way to demonstrate your commitment. It covers vital information on safety measures and protocols within the grooming facility and can be completed at your own pace.
- Groomer and grooming salon safety protocols
- Best practices focusing on pet care, health and safety
- Accident avoidance, pet and zoonotic disease awareness and sanitation
- How to handle special cases
In addition, all groomers who pass the course exam are eligible to become AKC S.A.F.E. Groomers. Just complete your application at the end of the course, which includes commitment to the salon safety oath, and submit it to the AKC for processing.
AKC S.A.F.E. Groomers receive valuable marketing support from the AKC, including:
- Frameable certificate
- AKC GroomerFinder S.A.F.E. Groomer badge
- Priority ranking in AKC GroomerFinder search results
- AKC S.A.F.E. Groomer bumper sticker
* For U.S. residents only.
**Please allow 1-2 weeks for application review and processing. If you do not pass the test, you can re-take it multiple times for 30 days at no additional charge.