Canine Breeder Excellence Seminar Series
This self-paced seminar series delivers, four 1-hour recorded webinars presented by leading experts on the following topics:
Dr. Marty Greer – “How C-sections Can Maximize YOUR Breeding Program”
- Decision Making – when should you perform a C-section
- When is a C-section recommended
- Emergency C-section
- C-section prep
- Surgical procedures
- Puppy resuscitation
- Puppies at home
Dr. Joann Randall – “How Studly IS Your Stud?”
- What makes your dog ‘studly’?
- Pre breeding considerations – what you should look for before your stud breeds
- What is needed of your stud?
- Sperm concentration and the Computer-Assisted Sperm Analysis System
- What causes sperm to be abnormal?
Dr. Erin Runcan – “Pearls and Pitfalls of Progesterone Testing”
- Types of progesterone tests available and how they differ in method and accuracy
- Selecting the best form of progesterone testing for your breeding program
- Strengths and limitations of progesterone testing in breeding management
Dr. Alyssa Helms – “Canine Brucellosis: What Every Breeder Needs to Know”
- What is Brucellosis?
- How is it transmitted?
- Clinical signs of disease
- How common is it?
- Testing: who, when, and why?
- Prevention and treatment
The Small Animal Theriogenology Residency Program is a collaboration between the American Kennel Club, the AKC Canine Health Foundation, and the Theriogenology Foundation to increase the number of trained practitioners in companion animal theriogenology and clinical genetics.
For more information about the program, visit: https://www.akcchf.org/research/therio-residency/
We Also Recommend