AKC's Disease and Sanitation
Keeping the animals in our care as healthy as possible is not only the right thing to do, it is essential for the safety and security of our services, events, and facilities that our pets benefit from.
AKC’s Disease and Sanitation program is designed for informed pet parents and pet industry professionals to include breeders, kennels, handlers, pet-friendly businesses, and pet caretakers.
In this program you will learn:
- Symptoms, treatment, and prevention strategies for diseases that impact dogs
- Strategies to reduce the transmission of infectious diseases among dogs
- Importance of vaccines, in-take exams, and policies
- Best practices for keeping your home, facility, or event, clean and hygienic
- Steps to take when a sick dog is in your care
Breeders who complete the program will be credited 3 CEUs.
If you are an AKC S.A.F.E. Groomer or Salon, click here.
We Also Recommend