Safety in the Salon Recertification for Groomers (Individual)
As an AKC S.A.F.E Certified Groomer, you understand the importance of salon safety. The AKC Safety in the Salon Recertification Course for Groomers provides an important refresher on salon safety best practices and teaches you new strategies to keep yourself and pets safe while in your care in a grooming facility. It also provides a comprehensive review of the components of AKC S.A.F.E. Certified Groomer/Salon Oath, so you remain up-to-date on your safety responsibilities.
Note: Recertification is required every two years from the “certificate effective date” that is printed on your AKC S.A.F.E. Certified Groomer Certificate. The course can be completed at your own pace.
- Comprehensive review AKC S.A.F.E. Certified Groomer/Salon Oath and its requirements
- Revisit salon safety best practices that focus on pet care, health, and safety
- Learn new strategies to keep yourself and pets safe in the grooming facility while in your care
After completing the recertification course and passing the exam, just complete your recertification application at the end of the course, which includes re-commitment to the salon safety oath, and submit it to the AKC for processing. Upon recertification approval, AKC S.A.F.E. Certified Groomers will have their AKC GroomerFinder online profile renewed for two years.
AKC S.A.F.E. Certified Groomers who renew their certification receive valuable marketing support from the AKC, including:
- Updated frameable certificate
- Renewal of your AKC GroomerFinder S.A.F.E. Certified Groomer profile
- AKC S.A.F.E. Certified Groomer Bumper Sticker
- Reduced pricing for continuing education online courses
* For U.S. residents only.
**Please allow 1-2 weeks for recertification application review and processing. If you do not pass the test, you can re-take it multiple times for 30 days at no additional charge. Note: AKC S.A.F.E Certified Groomer certification is valid for two years from application approval date.
Contact AKC Groomer Education at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We Also Recommend